From extremists to zen puppies, the spiritual world is a complex one to navigate. It is difficult to know who to trust, and even if you do feel a pull towards spirituality, you might be put off due to prior negative experiences. You may feel interested but unsure if spirituality is right for you.
My second intention of this blog is to share spirituality in an open-minded stance to help you make empowered decisions for YOURSELF whether spirituality is of interest to you.
This is because I do not believe it is in my right as a therapist to force my own beliefs, but rather to help you make informed decisions for yourself. I hope to share transparently with readers about my spiritual musings. Please note these blog posts are based on my experiences, I do not claim to know everything!
As a foundation to understanding my ground perspective, I believe there are many paths to spiritual enlightenment, some paths more clear than others, but none out-rightly right or wrong. It is from this stance that I will write from.
Here are some brief ways spirituality may be able to help you:
- Improve your overall mental health and well-being
- Help you to live in the moment and enjoy life more
- Develop strong connection with Self to improve confidence and self-esteem
- Confidence to try new activities and meet new people
- Build authentic and strong friendships
- Nature to help with sensory regulation
- Joyful movement and yoga to help with discipline and overall mental and physical well-being
- Uncover and let go of unhelpful habits and patterns of your mind
- Specific spiritual interventions for your spiritual journey
I hope this blog will help you to learn more about spirituality, help you make empowered decisions for yourself and also provide insight into how an OT may help you with achieving your spiritual goals!